The Fundamental Critical Care Support (FCCS) program has expanded its scope of course offerings with the FCCS: Tropical Diseases course.
Developed to educate learners about the transmission, symptoms, management, and prevention of tropical disease, the FCCS: Tropical Diseases course combines the FCCS core curriculum with information needed for the initial identification and care of infected patients who are or may become critically ill. A certificate will be issued to individuals who successfully complete the course.
Course topics include:
- Chikungunya virus disease
- Dengue fever
- Ebola virus disease
- Hemorrhagic fevers: Marburg and Lassa viruses
- Severe malaria
- Typhoid fever
- Viral encephalitis
- Yellow fever
- Zika virus infection
For more information and to start planning your course, visit www.sccm.org/tropical or contact the Fundamentals team at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 847 827-6869.
The Self-Directed Fundamental Critical Care Support (FCCS), Sixth Edition, is now available. This online course provides an interactive learning experience with access to the complete course modules. Learn at your own pace from the convenience of your home or office and then assess your knowledge through the use of pre- and posttests.
Self-Directed FCCS includes 16 interactive learning modules and the FCCS textbook (English), which is an excellent desktop reference.
The Sixth edition self-directed course has been enhanced with more interactive content to engage the learner. Content includes:
- Added videos
- Matching exercises
- List ordering
- Use of tabs for improved content organization
Physicians, nurses, pharmacists, and respiratory therapists are eligible to receive up to 6.5 hours of continuing education credit. Registrants have two years from the date of enrollment to complete the course.
Self-Directed FCCS is available for purchase in the SCCM store. Please contact the Fundamentals team at email@example.com or +1 847 827-6869 with any questions.
The Fundamental Critical Care Support (FCCS) course has been updated and enhanced to reflect the latest research and the most effective training approaches in critical care. The sixth edition curriculum emphasizes case-based education, with scenarios that mirror clinical reality.
Start planning your course, and order your sixth edition textbook today! Visit www.sccm.org/FCCS or contact the Fundamentals team at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 847 827-6869.
Sixth Edition Highlights:
New Course Textbook
- The FCCS textbook has updated material in all chapters, following the latest literature and current guidelines including more than 30 new case studies. The textbook is available in print and electronic formats.
Enhanced Skill Stations
- More relevant: Skill stations have been redesigned to better integrate the core principles taught in the lectures.
- Customizable: Course directors and instructors can choose relevant content from a variety of integrated scenarios.
Updated Pre- and Posttests
- Pre- and posttests feature questions emphasizing clinical and practical application.