The Society of Critical Care Medicine’s (SCCM) ICU Liberation Campaign has launched a quality improvement initiative related to implementing the ABCDEF bundle.
The ICU Liberation ABCDEF Improvement Collaborative is seeking U.S. hospitals interested in improving outcomes for patients and families by reliably implementing the newly modified bundle. Participating hospitals would work with a team of leading national and regional experts to:
- Optimize pain control plus reduce sedative exposure and time on mechanical ventilation
- Improve time patients are free of delirium and coma
- Improve a team approach to early mobilization
- Engage families to participate in the care and healing of their loved ones
- Validate compliance and improvement through use of an online data collection tool
- Enhance teamwork through implementation of evidence-based care
- Engage with leading experts who have demonstrated improved patient outcomes through the ABCDEF bundle
- Create partnerships with other institutions doing the same improvement work across the United States
The Collaborative will be operating in three regions: the Southeast, the West Coast and the Midwest, but it is not required that applying hospitals be located in these regions. Hospitals of any type or size may apply, and no experience in implementing the bundle is required. Learn more about the Collaborative and application requirements.
If you have any additional questions, please contact SCCM staff partner Diane Byrum at firstname.lastname@example.org.