On-site registration will take place Tuesday, August 19, 2014, for the Society of Critical Care Medicine’s (SCCM) popular Advanced Critical Care Ultrasound course, which will be held at the Fairmont Chicago, Millennium Park, in Chicago, Illinois, USA. A staff member will be available to assist you at the SCCM registration desk in the International Ballroom Foyer beginning at 6:45 a.m. on August 19.
This course is intended for those who have previously attended an ultrasound course or are experienced in basic skills and procedures. It will focus on the specialty-specific use of echocardiography in the management of the critically ill patient. Participants will expand on their fundamental skills and knowledge while learning to gather important cardiovascular information for the noninvasive management of the hemodynamically unstable patient.
Course Learning Objectives
- Describe the use of echocardiography in the assessment of hemodynamic parameters
- Perform the quantitative assessment of left ventricular systolic function
- Recognize the regional wall motion abnormalities
- Describe the basic assessment of valvular pathology
- Describe the limitations of echocardiography in intensive care unit settings
- Describe the use of ultrasonography for evaluation of pulmonary edema
Please contact SCCM Customer Service at +1 847 827-6888 with any questions.