Improve your strategies for the recognition and treatment of sepsis with Self-Directed Sepsis Performance Improvement. This online course provides a relaxed experience to learn at your own pace from the comfort and convenience of your home or office.
Sepsis remains a disorder of epidemic incidence and severe consequences, with an unacceptably high death rate and devastating long-term effects. Application of sepsis care tools has reduced mortality in hospitals that implemented the Surviving Sepsis Campaign Bundles. Published data clearly show that delays in the recognition and treatment of sepsis are associated with worse outcomes, while early treatment improves survival.
- Assess knowledge of the updated Surviving Sepsis Campaign Bundles
- Collect data to assess compliance with bundle targets
- Analyze performance data to assess compliance with the three-hour bundle
- Implement educational interventions to address variations in performance outcomes
- Re-collect data to determine improved compliance with bundle targets
Self-Directed Sepsis Performance Improvement includes 13 online videos with synchronized speaker audio. Physicians and nurses are eligible to receive 20 hours of continuing education credit.