The Dharmapuri Vidyasagar Award for Excellence in Pediatric Critical Care Medicine, sponsored by Dr. Vidyasagar and the Society of Critical Care Medicine (SCCM), recognizes an individual for sustained exemplary and pioneering achievement in the care of critically ill and injured infants and children.
Nominees for this award should have distinguished themselves by achieving national and international professional prominence due to personal character, leadership, eminence in clinical practice, and outstanding contributions to research, education, program development, and advocacy for pediatric critical care medicine. All SCCM members are eligible for this award.
Candidates will be selected and evaluated according to the following criteria (not all criteria need apply, though it is expected that recipients will have demonstrated excellence in several of the areas):
- Personal attributes that distinguish the recipient as a pediatric critical care medicine pioneer and exemplar
- Leadership in pediatric critical care medicine, as evidenced by current and past academic and organizational accomplishments
- Contributions that further the mission, vision and values of the Society, specifically pertaining to the care of critically ill and injured infants and children
- Scientific publications, specifically related to the care of critically ill and injured infants and children
- Research grants and projects that have advanced the care of critically ill and injured infants and children
- Teaching accomplishments, especially those that have impacted the training of healthcare professionals in pediatric critical care medicine
- Contributions to pediatric critical care medicine through other medical societies and organizations
- Contributions to the community and volunteerism, specifically related to pediatric medical and/or educational programs
- Awards and honors
The recipient will receive a $500 cash award, a plaque and complimentary registration to SCCM’s Critical Care Congress.
Nominations for this award must be submitted by August 1, 2014. Submit nominations and questions related to this award to SCCM staff member Carol Prendergast.