The Society of Critical Care Medicine (SCCM) offers several grant opportunities for critical care professionals seeking funding for activities to improve care, with grant support beginning in 2016. SCCM member researchers may apply for funding through the following grants:
Application Deadline is August 18, 2015
Through generous funding from SCCM and the SCCM-Weil Research Trust, two Vision Grants of $50,000 each are being offered to support member researchers. Basic, translational and clinical research submissions are encouraged.
Eligible research should focus on one or more of the following areas of investigation:
- Basic Research: Expand our understanding of complex critical illness processes.
- Bench to Bedside: Improve patient care by translating basic scientific findings into therapeutic interventions for critical care patients.
- Clinical Outcomes: Advance our understanding of patient outcomes and continuous improvement practices.
THRIVE Research Grant to Accelerate Recovery
Application Deadline Extended to September 8, 2015
Through generous funding from the Society of Critical Care Medicine (SCCM), the THRIVE Grant offers $50,000 to support SCCM members conducting research aimed at improving patient and family support after critical illness. Investigator-initiated research should help advance and improve our understanding of survivorship from critical illness, as well as support and improve the experience of survivors and their families.
Eligible areas of investigation include:
- Clinical interventions to improve patient experience or outcomes
- Identification of modifiable mechanisms or testing of innovations that promote recovery
- Explorations of cultural and educational factors among survivors to facilitate networks and improve support
For further information on this grant and other THRIVE initiatives, visit www.sccm.org/THRIVE.
To begin the application process for these grants, log in to www.My.SCCM.org. Click on the “Submit an application for Vision Grant or THRIVE Grant” link located in the right column. Note that you must be a current SCCM member to apply for the THRIVE and Vision Grants.