Register for the Society of Critical Care Medicine’s (SCCM) popular Advanced Critical Care Ultrasound course by Wednesday, July 16, 2014, to take advantage of a discounted registration rate. Seats are filling fast, and this course will soon be sold out. Advanced Critical Care Ultrasound is intended for those who have previously attended an ultrasound course or are experienced with basic skills and procedures.
This course will help you expand your fundamental skills and knowledge and focus on the specialty-specific use of echocardiography in the management of the critically ill patient. Participants learn to capture important cardiovascular information for the noninvasive management of the hemodynamically unstable patient.
Course Learning Objectives
- Describe the use of echocardiography in the assessment of hemodynamic parameters
- Perform the quantitative assessment of left ventricular systolic function
- Recognize the regional wall motion abnormalities
- Describe the basic assessment of valvular pathology
- Describe the limitations of echocardiography in intensive care unit settings
- Describe the use of ultrasonography for evaluation of pulmonary edema
Advanced Critical Care Ultrasound will be held August 19, 2014, at the Fairmont Chicago, Millennium Park, in Chicago, Illinois, USA.